Wednesday, June 4

Flipkart and AmazonIndia...

Well I was asked by DEALS AND READS (on Twitter: @dealsandreads)
Hi Arun. We cover shopping reviews. Have you observed any difference between Amazon and Flipkart? We would love to know :)

I wanted to share my experience of online purchase and this question made me not delay the exercise further.

I have been using #flipkart for about a 18 months now and have been their die-hard fan for buying books, toys and gifts, however this changed with #AmazonIndia coming to the market. (I never liked #junglee.com )

Well this time around I was in a mood to buy some books and when looking online on these two portals realized that the prices were same as with the delivery lead time.

However maximum purchase was done on AmazonIndia for a simple reason "no extra charges for deliveries", where as Flipkart was charging me Rs. 40 per book. (it would have costed me Rs. 300 extra over the books cost price) which was ridiculous, unless flipkart has too much business that they do not care.

Now the best deceitful part on #flipkart anything bought through their mobile app comes with free delivery (this is cheating, to say the least). This is not justifiable and is a compulsion on prospective buyers to use the app forcefully. I don't like this part and to get over this I bought 3 more books from AmazonIndia.

I must accept that the mobile app of flipkart is easy navigate through but I found making payments via debit card was a concern and it failed (not a problem via laptop/desktop tho), so here in this case I had to choose cash on delivery instead and had to request my friend to pay and receive on my behalf. 

As for the choice i found that AmazonIndia has more books and the recommendations are more better in comparison and relevant to they type of books I have browsed.

Will I continue to used Flipkart, "YES", but now I have another platform to compare the offers and choose what suits me better. its that simple. BUT IF FLIPKART DOES NOT DO ANYTHING TO THE DELIVERY CHARGES POLICY, .............?????

No comments: