Saturday, December 3

Kooteri

This is the house where my Amma grew up. My grandma stays there along with my aunt and family.

I have a lot of fond memories from this house. Ok, a couple of them are like this..
- Every summer holidays, Most of my uncles and their kids come over for about a month or two. We kids (roughly between 12-15 people) sleep in one room. We chit chat for long hours into the night and then when some elders scream, then we sleep.
- We all play badminton and cricket, both girls and boys play together. We also have regular tournaments and competetion between family members.
- Locally made cakes, halva and Chakka (jack fruit). Tapioca, greens, Banana, Pepper, Coconut's, Cashew's,Mangoes, mustard all grown in the family garden. It tasted much better, than what we have at Chennai.
- Siting in the stream near the rice fields and goin for walk in the Cashew plantations.
- Playing BUS-BUS, running all around the fields.
- Having Kanghi water, at the fields with the workers.
- Theyyam at tharavadu, every year January.

Can carry on with many. Its where I have learnt and experienced a lot of things.

No comments: